Halo Network, Inc. is a provider of employment related services under the auspices of Access-VR program. Halo Network provides vocational training and job placement programs to meet the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, and psychiatric disabilities: Services include: job development, job placement, job coaching, individual supported employment, enclaves, and transitional employment.
JOB DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Halo Network's Job Development Services provides individualized assistance with job acquisition. Assistance is provided in résumé development, interview preparation. Halo Network’s Employment Specialists initiate and maintain ongoing contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives.
Primary Role of the Employment Specialist:
- Establish an individualized career training plan and placement strategy for each individual
- Facilitate placement readiness of participant, including preparing them for employment interviews (such as creating professional résumé or portfolio)
- Contact employers by mail, phone, or in person to solicit information about job openings and prepare job orders
- Refer appropriate participants to potential employers for consideration of job openings and provides consistent follow-up to employers
- Maintain regular contact with employers to monitor employment outcomes/satisfaction and retention for program participants
- Explain the benefits and employment support services provided by programs to employers (addressing employer’s concerns and assisting in obtaining bonding through the Federal Bonding Program).
JOB COACHING SERVICES
Halo’s Job Coaching Services provide individualized, on-the-job training to individuals in order to ensure competence with all job duties, understanding/compliance with employer expectations, and the development of natural supports. Individuals receive the level of job coaching necessary to succeed in the job.